[Web4lib] Google Allows Downloads of out-of-copyright Books

Jim Campbell campbell at virginia.edu
Wed Aug 30 14:20:41 EDT 2006

Actually they do sometimes OCR information outside the text of the book.
Try
http://books.google.com/books?lr=&q=%22borrower+must+return+this+item%22+dat
e%3A1780-1923&btnG=Search+Books&as_brr=0
and you'll see a lot of Harvard books with that text on their date slips.

- Jim Campbell

Digital Access Coordinator and Librarian for German
E-Mail: Campbell at Virginia.Edu | Voice: 434-924-4985

Digital Access Services, University of Virginia Library
http://www.lib.virginia.edu/digital/das/