[Web4lib] web hosting service

dan at riverofdata.com dan at riverofdata.com
Wed Aug 30 09:45:10 EDT 2006

I highly recommend webmasters.com.  I've had four different providers over the past twelve years, and this is the only one that has really provided great service.  They have real tech support 24/7, someone you can actually get on the phone should you need to (not that you probably will, as they're very reliable).

Ten bucks a month, paid a year in advance. Vast amounts of disk and traffic on the basic rate.  If you even THINK you might want to set up a database, choose that option when you sign up.  It will never cost anything extra if you do that, but will cost extra if you choose that option later.  That's the only thing even approaching a "gotcha".

They have spam filtering if you want it.

I usually use them via pop3, but at the moment am at a different computer so am using the webmail.

They happen to be in Tampa in case you care.

No, don't work for them, just happen to be a VERY happy customer.

dan