[Web4lib] utility to see javascript, css associated with a web page?

John Fereira jaf30 at cornell.edu
Fri Aug 18 13:26:42 EDT 2006

Eric Loehr wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Recently I came across something - - a reference to a web site,
> utility, or something - - I don't remember which - -, that would allow
> you to view not only the HTML source code on a web page, but also any
> css or javascript code that the page uses located in other files..
>
> I can't find anything in my bookmarks or email where I would have saved
> it, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't dreaming - - does anyone know of a way
> to view javascript or css associated with a web page?

Firefox has extensions which not only let you view HTML source and CSS
but lets you edit it to see how the page will look with the changes you
make.  It also has a couple of nice Javascript debuggers that show all
of the javascript code.  Unfortunately, it's IE that often has
javascript issues so the firefox javascript debuggers don't help there.