[Web4lib] Classes for Seniors

David Jones djones at scu.edu
Thu Aug 17 12:39:39 EDT 2006

>>> "Michele Haytko" <michele.haytko at gmail.com> 8/17/2006 8:42 AM >>>
Thanks again for your comments and your name suggestions.  So far,
we've liked "Silver Surfers" the best; a close second is "the Silver
Track".
<<<

When the discussion started, the phrase 'senior citizens' was not used and just 'seniors' was. Coming from an academic background, my first thought was "aren't those classes just called 'upper-division'?" :-)

As someone that's going silver (well, where I'm not going bald) way before AARP eligibility, I can't help but think that using a variation of 'golden' might be a little more appropriate...

HTH,
David

David Jones                                     mailto:djones at scu.edu
Library Systems Manager                  http://www.scu.edu/library/
University Library                               fax:   408-551-1805
Santa Clara University                            phone: 408-551-7167
500 El Camino Real
Santa Clara CA 95053-0500