[Web4lib] WEBDAV (fork from " personal online calendar")

Mark Gilman mgilman at dallaslibrary.org
Sun Aug 13 15:36:06 EDT 2006

Further to what I just posted, I Googled "sunbird" and "webdav" and see that
there are now some shared hosting services that support this combination:

http://www.venuecom.com/Help/help_webDAV_sunbird.htm
<http://www.venuecom.com/Help/help_webDAV_sunbird.htm>  (Sunbird hosting)
http://phpicalendar.net/documentation/index.php/Publishing_calendars#WebDAV
<http://phpicalendar.net/documentation/index.php/Publishing_calendars#WebDAV
>  (info on WebDav)

<http://phpicalendar.net/documentation/index.php/Publishing_to_WebDAV_with_M
ozilla_Sunbird>
It wonder what's entailed in setting up a WebDav server of one's own.  I'm
about to rent some VPS (Virtual Private Server) space at
<http://www.quantact.com/> http://www.quantact.com  so that I can set up a
test implementation of KOHA www.koha.org <http://www.koha.org>  the open
source Integrated Library Management product from New Zealand.  The VPS lets
you choose your distro (in this case, Debian) and I'm wondering if it might
not be feasible to also run a WebDav process (if that's the right term) for
sharing SunBird calendars.

Regards,
Mark

  _____