[Web4lib] Public Library Webpages

Christopher Wilkinson Christopher.Wilkinson at cityofdenton.com
Thu Aug 10 18:22:35 EDT 2006

I've been given a charge to gather information on public library's that
are able to design their own unique websites while still operating
within their governing bodies policy proscriptions.  At the moment I'm
surveying library homepages in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex and have
found several examples to my liking.  What I would like to request from
the list is this: Are you a library in this situation and if so how did
you go about the process of gaining creative domain over your homepage?
Was it achieved within the current policy or was a new policy required?
Also, once the design of your new homepage was underway, what are some
of the things that you were able to do that you could not under the old
design perameters?

c.erik wilkinson / denton public library
denton, tx