[Web4lib] Academic library initiatives in Second Life

Tom Peters tapinformation at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 7 17:39:33 EDT 2006

I am working on an article about academic libraries in the Second Life three-dimensional virtual reality environment.  If your academic library or library consortium is discussing, planning, or offering library services in Second Life, please feel free to contact me, preferably by Friday, August 25.

For example, Northern Illinois University and Central Missouri State University are collaborating to develop an academic island in Second Life, and the New Media Consortium (http://www.nmc.org/) already has built a stunning library on their island campus.  Even if you're still in the early discussion stages, I'd like to hear from you.  Thanks in advance.

Tom Peters

TAP Information Services
1000 SW 23rd Street
Blue Springs, MO 64015
phone: 816-228-6406
email: tapinformation at yahoo.com
web: www.tapinformation.com

TAP Information Services provides a wide variety of high quality
planning, consulting, research, and assessment services
supporting libraries, library consortia, government agencies, professional associations, and other information-intensive organizations.