[Web4lib] Re: 800x600 Browser Resolution- Now standards

Megan Johnson megsjohnson at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 3 19:33:37 EDT 2006

Hi Ward,
As far as things like navigational elements, or use of
flash, defer to W3C specifications and guidelines.
They are a "real recognized" authority : )

Although part of web design is personal preference, a
good library site is user centered.
It can be judged on the quality of content and if
users can find things- so "whatever works for me
today" is not a solid benchmark : )

It sounds like you've found examples of university
libraries  web policies that cover things like
appropriate content, review schedules, templates,
colors etc...those are a great place to start in
creating your own institution's standards and
guidelines.

Good luck,
Megan Johnson
Web Services Librarian