[Web4lib] Event management and registration tool

Jim Coble Jim.Coble at duke.edu
Tue Aug 1 13:39:31 EDT 2006

The Center for Instructional Technology at Duke has, over the past few
years, developed a home-grown event management and registration system that
we use to publicize and manage the registration for various events that we
sponsor (presentations, workshops, annual Showcase, etc.).  There is now
interest in having a system like this available for use library-wide.
Before jumping in and altering our existing home-grown CIT system to meet
this expanded need, we wanted to see if there are other tools out there
(preferably open source) that could meet our needs just as well or even
better.

So, I thought I'd query this list and see how other folks are handling this
need, especially if you have a system or tool that you think does a
particularly good job at this.  I imagine there are a number of tools out
there that could handle event calendaring -- it's the event registration
piece (signing up for an event, maintaining a waiting list if the event
fills up, recording attendance, handling walk-ins, etc.) that I think may
be more difficult to find.

Thanks.
--Jim

Jim Coble