[Web4lib] what would an ideal library look like?

Phil Shapiro pshapiro at his.com
Fri Apr 28 09:09:09 EDT 2006

hi everyone -

     when google released the free version of sketchup, a 3D modeling program, i
couldn't help but think this might be an excellent tool for youth and adults to
describe the ideal library they would like to use. what shape would this library
be in? and what services would be offered in the different rooms of the library?

       http://sketchup.google.com

       what could we as library practioners learn from the imaginations of those
who use our libraries?  and how would the people who use our libraries feel
about themselves if we asked them for their ideas?

            phil shapiro
            washington dc

see also http://www.his.com/pshapiro/communitycontent.html

i'm thrilled to see that google has created a 3D Warehouse for 3D sketchup
images to reside.  will the library community be one of the first communities to
populate that warehouse? is our community a creative leader or a follower?

Phil Shapiro  pshapiro at his.com
http://www.digitaldivide.net/profile/pshapiro
http://philsrssfeed.blogspot.com
http://www.his.com/pshapiro/stories.menu.html