Fwd: [Web4lib] RE: Open Source Image Repository Software

Adam Hochman adam at media.berkeley.edu
Wed Apr 26 13:47:49 EDT 2006

Hello,
I am the product manager for bSpace Images, an image application for UC
Berkeley's learning management system, bSpace, that will help users
avoid recreating, rediscovering, redescribing, and reorganizing images
many times over. Our initial focus is "personal collections" and will
probably adopt some of the tagging concepts found in Flickr.  We will
use Fedora as our digital repository.  bSpace Images long term goal is
to offer the following features: course/lecture galleries, collection
pools (like Flickr Groups),  community sharing, slide show mechanism,
federated search.
~Adam