[Web4lib] Federated search products andFullText/PeerReviewlimiting

David Walker dwalker at csusm.edu
Mon Apr 24 14:43:32 EDT 2006

>> it does raise an accessibility problem:
>> users who don't see the images won't have
>> any way to benefit from the pre-resolution.
>> But perhaps a bit of AJAX could take care of
>> that.

Which brings us back to Jonathan's earlier comment about AJAX and his
(and my) hesitancy to say that AJAX is more accessible.

I've yet to read anything definitive on this.  It appears that some
screen readers can read content dynamically inserted into a browser's
DOM, but if JavaScript is turned off or the user has an older browser,
obviously AJAX will not provide us with an out.

--Dave

David Walker
Web Development Librarian
Library, Cal State San Marcos