[Web4lib] RE: Printing Web Pages (Mark Gilman)

Pierre Nault pierrenault at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 13:28:41 EDT 2006

Hi Charles,

   I'm working on a XML project where one of my responsibilities was to
create a printable version of a research guide. I used CSS to do the job :
you can create a whole new version of your document with a CSS stylesheet
dedicated for the print media. And it work fine with IE6 and Firefox
(sometimes you need to do some tricks for IE). You cans see an exemple at (
http://wwt.bibliotheques.uqam.ca/recherche/thematiques/projetxml/reference.xml
).

See this resource (
http://www.yourhtmlsource.com/stylesheets/cssmediatypes.html)