[Web4lib] Software to manage Email/Web form based reference questions

Sadie Honey Sadie.Honey at library.ucsf.edu
Fri Apr 21 16:45:56 EDT 2006

Hello,

The UCSF Library is looking for software applications that can be used to
manage email/Web form based reference questions.  We are looking for
something that will enable us to collect, assign, and answer questions from
a central location.  Other features would include the ability to track
progress of a question, draw on similar questions that have been answered
before, and report on question activity.

Do any of you have experience using Customer Relationship Management (CRM),
Email tracking & Routing, or Web Contact Center type software to manage
electronic questions from patrons?  If so, what are you using and how does
it work?  Any other advice on your experience using this type of software
for inquiry tracking would also be greatly appreciated.

I will summarize answers to this question for the list. Thank you.

Sadie Honey

Information & Web Services Librarian

Kalmanovitz Library & Center for Knowledge Management - UCSF

530 Parnassus Avenue

University of California, San Francisco

San Francisco, Ca 94143-0840

415/514-0697