[Web4lib] More on Firefox and printing

McHale, Nina nina.mchale at cudenver.edu
Fri Apr 21 12:05:28 EDT 2006

(Whoops, sent this to just Charles yesterday--more on using Firefox for
printing follows for anyone interested...)

Hi, Charles,

Our subject guides are this way, and I do plan on integrating print CSS
into them, as Charles Gimon suggested, but here's a super short term
solution: in Mozilla and Firefox, if you choose Print Preview, there is
a "Scale" option on the top center of the screen where to can select
"Shrink to Fit."  Do so, and the info on the screen, in most cases,
scales down nicely to an 8.5 x 11 printout.

Also, if you don't want the page title, URL, page number, and date and
time in the four corners of the printout, select "Page Setup" in Print
Preview (to the left of the "Scale" option) and then click the "Margins
& Header/Footer" tab.  You can set them to "blank" in the drop down
menus if you want to make a master copy that doesn't have those four
bits of info in the page corners.  (Or, you can change these around if
you like; for example, if you want the URL at the bottom right of the
printout as a reference, you can set it to print the URL there.)

Hope this helps,

Nina

Nina McHale, MA/MSLS
Web Services Librarian
Auraria Library

Serving the University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences
Center-Downtown Campus, Metropolitan State College and the Community
College of Denver

1100 Lawrence Street
Denver, Colorado 80204
303-556-4729