[Web4lib] HTML question

Lynne Puckett lpuckett at billings.lib.mt.us
Wed Apr 19 12:01:17 EDT 2006

lib wrote:
> hi Lynne,
>
> to get horizontal centering on an element, use:
> margin:0 auto;
>
> of course that won't work in IE, you will need to use text-align:center; on
> the element's container (and reset it to left on the element itself if
> necessary).
>
> http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=CenteringBlockElement
> http://www.yourhtmlsource.com/stylesheets/csslayout.html#centering
>
> v.

Thanks, V!
I'll be learning from both those links. I still have my problem, though
- I don't want to center the div, JUST the image - it's inside the div
with the content already. Looks like another CSS class to my list coming
up. See http://www.billings.lib.mt.us/kids.html to see what I'm trying
to do. That one's done with style margins, and it's only actually
centered in some browsers.
I'm trying to do the impossible, I suppose.
Lynne

--
L. E. Puckett
Reference & Electronic Systems Librarian