[Web4lib] Macromedia Captivate (formerly RoboDemo)

Karen Munro kmunro at library.berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 18 13:36:12 EDT 2006

Hi Tawnya,

I've been getting to know Captivate for the last few weeks.  So far I
consider it a more intuitive tool than Camtasia (with which I'm not greatly
familiar, I admit), and I find the editing suite much more flexible,
although not without some quirks.  There are numerous comparisons of
Camtasia, Captivate, ViewletBuilder, and even Wink (a free download
screencasting software) online.  The "screencasting" entry on Wikipedia
links to a few at the end of the article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screencast

You can find others by Googling different combinations of keywords.

I'd be interested in corresponding with other librarians using Captivate,
if any care to self-identify ;).  I'm still relatively new at using the
software, but have already come up with some questions that aren't answered
by Macromedia's documentation and tutorials.  I suspect that other users
may have found some of the same issues--perhaps we can help each other out.

Best wishes to all,

Karen Munro

Karen Munro
E-Learning Librarian