[Web4lib] Library Website

Leo Robert Klein leo at leoklein.com
Sat Apr 15 13:08:04 EDT 2006

Jon Goodell wrote:
> Hi Steven,
>
> Can you explain in more detail why these standards are important to libraries,
 > especially in the community college context?
> How should I explain this to my library director and her superiors?

Jon,

First, it's not like these standards are that much of a burden!  In
fact, more than anything, they're great indications that whoever's
putting your site together knows what they're doing.  Using standards
like these, both web and accessibility, ensures that you're not going to
get a flood of complaints saying your website doesn't work in their browser.

If we were talking bricks-and-mortar here, this would count as insurance
and part of the building code.

LEO

Leo Robert Klein
www.leoklein.com