[Web4lib] Microsoft Academic Search vs. Google Scholar

cpikas.14607360 at bloglines.com cpikas.14607360 at bloglines.com
Wed Apr 12 20:16:27 EDT 2006

I have to go with Ross on this one, where I work (at the world-famous _Applied
Physics Lab_)-- Inspec (which is IEE, more science-y than engineering, and
completely separate from Compendex although frequently hosted on the same
platform) and Compendex run neck and neck.  I'm tickled pink they chose these
fields so that they can be compared against Scirus, GoogleScholar, and CiteSeer.

Everybody builds tools that work on Medline, so I think this is nice, and
of course, it supports their staff, too.

All this is IMHO (and not my employers)

Christina Pikas

--- Ross Singer" <ross.singer at library.gatech.edu wrote:

Of course, your mileage may vary on that.  Our most heavily used database
is
> Compendex (which includes searching in INSPEC).
>
> I think it might
depend heavily on what the actual focus of your institution
> is.

-Ross.