[Web4lib] manage files on network

Nicole Engard nengard at jenkinslaw.org
Wed Apr 5 11:18:45 EDT 2006

I don't know if you can do this, but we had the same situation and we turned it into our Intranet.  Now all files are stored in an organized fashion and linked to from web pages.  This also means that one person (me) is in charge of keeping things organized & making sure the files follow the rules I've set forth.

Thanks
Nicole Engard
http://www.jenkinslaw.org
http://web2learning.net

>>> Dudart Stéphane <S.Dudart at IBR-IRE.BE> 04/05/06 09:14AM >>>
Dear all,

Here is our problem. For too long time, we put all our files in a specific place on our network. Everybody manage its own folders and files without specific rules. Now, we have too much information and we have difficulties to find it (no mandatory metadata). I would appreciate your help to find a solution for archiving old files and for developping a new system with archiving and storage rules.

Best regards

Stéphane Dudart.

"This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any review, dissemination, disclosure, alteration, printing, copying or transmission of this e-mail and/or any file transmitted with it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete the original as well as any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.
Please note that e-mail messages cannot be considered as official information from the Institut des Reviseurs d'Entreprises/Instituut der Bedrijfsrevisoren."