[Web4lib] Wanted: RSS and XML Utilities

Jonathan Gorman jtgorman at uiuc.edu
Tue Apr 4 14:27:03 EDT 2006

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Jonathan Gorman wrote:

> More special purpose tools:
> For XSLT: Saxon makes a good parser, although I often employ xsltproc as
> well.  I tend to do all of my transformation on the command-line.

Whoops, typing to quickly.  For more precise wording, it's a good
(excellent actually) processor, not a good parser.  They mean different
things in the XML/XSLT world.  A parser reads in an XML file and creates
an internal representation, an XSLT processor can process XSLT stylesheets
and XML files to create output.  It usually employs a parser so it can
translate the XML to an internal representation. on an XML document or the
"internal representation" created by a parser).

Jon Gorman