[Web4lib] Online NW: Call for Proposals

Nichols, Jane Jane.Nichols at oregonstate.edu
Mon Sep 19 16:15:42 EDT 2005

WHAT IS ONLINE NORTHWEST?
A one-day conference focusing on the use of technology within libraries,
attracting librarians from the Pacific Northwest and around the country.
It is sponsored by the Oregon University System.

WHEN IS THE CONFERENCE?
February 10, 2006 (this will be the 23rd annual conference)

WHAT TOPICS ARE APPROPRIATE?
The coordinating committee seeks presentations that discuss how
technology is being applied within library settings and how technology
is affecting library patrons and services.  We are especially interested
in presentations that discuss innovative uses of technology. We strongly
encourage academic, public, school, and special librarians to submit
proposals.  All topics relating to technology and libraries are welcome,
including:

*Resource sharing applications (e.g. ILL, document delivery) *Collection
development and assessment applications *Assessing the impact of
technology on patrons or services *User interface design and evaluation
*Current trends in information literacy and instruction *Metadata
design, application, or evaluation *Approaches to managing electronic
resources or digital repositories *Computer programming and development
of computer applications to support delivery of library services

HOW DO I SUBMIT A PROPOSAL?
Use the online submission form available at:
https://secure.oregonstate.edu/ocse/register.php?event=88

For examples of past presentations or more information, see:
http://www.ous.edu/onlinenw/