[Web4lib] RSS feeds from Proquest databases

Jay Bhatt jaybhatt.bhatt59 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 23:12:40 EDT 2005

Thanks, Michael.
 So, it appears that we can receive RSS feeds based on Proquest's
predetermined search queries consisting of terms listed in the web site. I
tried in my Bloglines account which you can see by going to my public
bloglines site
http://www.bloglines.com/public/bhattjj
Go to 'Proquest' folder.
I can see the citations but not the articles since I am accessing it from
and not from my university campus. What will be the best way to integrate
authentication within bloglines so that articles can be accessed from
remote? Also, whether it is possible for Proquest to integrate RSS feeds
based on customized seach queries rather than their own preselected terms?
 Ei Compendex/Engineering Village2 provides search feeds based on search
queries.
See
http://www.ei.org/eiupdate/02_whats_new/
 "*RSS Feeds from Engineering Village 2
Providing tools to aid today's researchers*

RSS feeds are a growing trend in managing electronic content. Savvy web
users are utilizing news aggregators to manage content of interest in a more
organized and efficient way.

Ei is on the forefront of this technology and among the first content
providers to offer this feature. RSS feeds are available with the July 18th
release of Engineering Village 2. Users can set their own customized queries
and have the benefit of reviewing literature in an integrated way. Used with
Compendex, Inspec, or NTIS, users can receive weekly updates fed directly
into their aggregators and manage all results in a more efficient manner.
These feeds provide direct linking to Engineering Village 2 content and
records of relevance can be viewed."

Jay

EMAIL bhattjj at drexel.edu