[Web4lib] RSS feeds from Proquest databases

Michael McCulley drweb at san.rr.com
Mon Sep 5 19:36:30 EDT 2005

Jay,

The actual feeds for their first effort, ABI/INFORM, lives on this page (see
below). More or less "proof of concept," as some librarian-related blogs
have noted.
http://www.proquest.com/proquest/rss/rss.shtml

It's got the RSS feed links on that page, for example,
http://rss.proquest.com/rss/cmf/abi/Marketing_Advertising.xml
Marketing > Advertising.

Check it out, let us know how it works. The feeds can be read by an
aggregator, it appears, but I don't know what the links would do (didn't
test it..) IF you don't subscribe to ABI/INFORM.

Best,
DrWeb

--
P. Michael McCulley aka DrWeb
mailto:drweb at san.rr.com
San Diego, CA
http://drweb.typepad.com/

Quote of the Moment:
 Remember that writer's block is nothing more than a failure of nerve -- but
don't let that bother you.
Monday, September 05, 2005 4:26:50 PM