[Web4lib] How Are Storm-Wracked Colleges Communicating?

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Fri Sep 2 15:53:29 EDT 2005

I got this in my bloglines aggregator.  The Chronicle of Higher
Education wants to know how college communities are reaching each other
after the hurricane.  Tell them what is going on!

Bill Drew

________________________________

From: drewwe at morrisville.edu [mailto:drewwe at morrisville.edu]
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 3:50 PM
To: Drew, Bill
Subject: Bloglines - How Are Storm-Wracked Colleges Communicating?

Bloglines <http://www.bloglines.com>  user BillDrew
(drewwe at morrisville.edu) has sent this item to you.

The Chronicle: Wired Campus Blog <http://wiredcampus.chronicle.com/>
Education-technology news from around the Web, brought to you by The
Chronicle of Higher Education

How Are Storm-Wracked Colleges Communicating?
<http://wiredcampus.chronicle.com/2005/09/how_are_stormwr.html>

By Chronicle of Higher Education

Professors, administrators, and students from colleges in the path of
Hurricane Katrina are using the Internet to try to track down
colleagues, friends, and loved ones or to share information about what
has become of their campuses. One blog
<http://www.livejournal.com/community/lastulane/>  lists more than 200
Tulane University faculty and staff members who have reported that they
are safe. Another Web site, operated by a Tulane student, lists the many
blogs that have sprung up about colleges in the New Orleans area.

Please post comments here if you know of other ways that colleges are
using IT, formally or informally, to keep people informed during this
difficult time.