[Web4lib] big plasma TV, PC, etc. in meeting room?

Richard Wiggins richard.wiggins at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 12:40:44 EST 2005

We have done this for two conference rooms, one that seats about 12,
and another that seats about 36.  In the larger room we still use the
projector.  In the smaller room we get by with the display alone, but
people of a certain age like me may squint if seated at the far end of
the room.

These are Gateway displays with the HDTV aspect ratio, which makes
some Web site reviews look rather strange.

Even if you have a projector, it's nice to also have a good display,
especially if you are reviewing colors critically.

Flat panels for public displays are very much in vogue these days.
I've noticed that even smaller airports are using them for flight
status displays, and last week observed that the visitors' bureau in
Carmel, CA uses one in the window for passers-by to read.  I wonder if
some patrons might question the expense, though prices have fallen
precipitously.

/rich

/rich