[Web4lib] More on the Open Content Alliance

Leo Robert Klein leo at leoklein.com
Thu Oct 27 14:25:43 EDT 2005

Jennifer Heise wrote:

"...the desire to do something cool and splashy instead of being easy to
read, which haunts librarianship..."

You know, I always got the impression that 'cool and splashy' didn't
haunt librarianship enough.  Although I think the current example goes a
bit overboard -- okay, way overboard -- I've often thought that the Will
to Plainness unduly holds us back on occasion from experimenting with
new technologies and approaches.

LEO

Leo Robert Klein
www.leoklein.com