[Web4lib] Computer Lab Entrance

Robin Hastings robin.hastings at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 11:58:10 EDT 2005

On 10/26/05, Michele Haytko <michele.haytko at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Lists! Sorry for the cross posting but a problem has arisen in our
> Lab. We currently scan patron's cards and then keep the card until
> the patron leaves. As I'm sure you can imagine, this has caused some
> problems with patrons receiving the wrong card, etc.
>
> How do other libraries address the signing in/signing out of the
> Computer Lab? Any help you can offer would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
> ~michele

We use SAM (http://www.comprisetechnologies.com/) these days, but when we
used to sign people in manually we had a cabinet labeled with each of the
computer numbers and slid the card into that cabinet. All printouts from
that computer went in there as well. We still managed to give out the wrong
card occasionally, but it was a pretty rare event!

--
Robin Hastings
robin.hastings at gmail.com
http://www.rhastings.net