[Web4lib] Libraries: Standing at the Wrong Platform, Waiting for the Wrong Train?

Zoe Stewart-Marshall es254 at cornell.edu
Mon Oct 24 11:02:19 EDT 2005

I recently heard a presentation from Scott Anderson at Millersville
University (PA).  They are providing a service where they provide (and
strongly encourage) delivery of electronic copies of locally held
microforms to their patrons.  They've been studying the cost issues and
decided that it was cheaper to (not to mention better service) provide this
service than to staff a service point and constantly be servicing microform
reading/printing machines.

zoe