[Web4lib] Libraries: Standing at the Wrong Platform, Waiting for the Wrong Train?

Mike Taylor mike at miketaylor.org.uk
Mon Oct 24 10:48:21 EDT 2005

> Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 07:37:51 -0700
> From: Roy Tennant <roy.tennant at ucop.edu>
>
> The nuance here is that her request was cancelled by her own
> library, because it was available locally. Somehow I doubt you
> photocopy articles out of microfilm for your own patrons, despite
> the fact that you do it for the patrons of other libraries via
> interlibrary loan.

... which leads to the stupid situation that a patron is likely to get
better service from a less well-stocked library.  Or by going via an
intermediate library to request the material from the local library.

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor  <mike at miketaylor.org.uk>  http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "What would the Coliseum have looked like if Liverpool city
	 council been in charge?" -- Paul Clough.