[Web4lib] Nielsen's Top 10 - 2005 version

Mike Taylor mike at miketaylor.org.uk
Fri Oct 21 12:30:09 EDT 2005

> Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:10:23 -0500
> From: Leo Robert Klein <leo at leoklein.com>
>
> Life must be hell for those for whom fixed width is an "immense
> annoynance" since it seems there are a helluva lot of sites that
> make use of it: AOL, C-Net, Salon, NYTimes.com, Libary of
> Congress...

Yes.

> In any case, I think the whole argument is a bit overwrought.  If
> people don't like going to these sites, they won't -- and that's the
> ultimate test.

And guess what?  I don't.  I _never_ go to AOL, C-Net, Salon of NYT,
and only rarely to the LC site as my job dictates.

I'm sure I'm not alone.

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor  <mike at miketaylor.org.uk>  http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "Major changes in release 1.8: `date' doesn't dump core on some
	 systems now" -- FSF release note (what about the other systems?)