[Web4lib] folksonomics and tagging?

J. Trant jtrant at archimuse.com
Fri Oct 21 12:16:22 EDT 2005

Catherine,

For a good introduction, try

Social Bookmarking Tools (I): A General Review
Tony Hammond, Timo Hannay, Ben Lund, and Joanna Scott
http://www.dlib.org/dlib/april05/hammond/04hammond.html

and their case study of

Social Bookmarking Tools (II): A Case Study - Connotea
  Ben Lund, Tony Hammond, Martin Flack and Timo Hannay
http://www.dlib.org/dlib/april05/lund/04lund.html

Our recent article explores possibilities in the Museum world:

Social Terminology Enhancement through Vernacular Engagement:
Exploring Collaborative Annotation to Encourage Interaction with
Museum Collections
http://www.dlib.org/dlib/september05/bearman/09bearman.html
David Bearman and Jennifer Trant

Enjoy!

jennifer

J. Trant				jtrant at archimuse.com
Partner & Principal Consultant		phone: +1 416 691 2516
Archives & Museum Informatics	fax: +1 416 352 6025
158 Lee Ave, Toronto
Ontario M4E 2P3 Canada		http://www.archimuse.com