[Web4lib] effect of e-use on circulation [was: Authority + Wikipedia]

Sue Kamm suekamm at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 13 12:47:44 EDT 2005

I will have to review our reports, but since computer use within the building counts as a circulation, I'd expect that amount to be a good part of our statistics.

We should also have reports on remote access to our databases.  Those using our subscription databases from home or office must log in with a library card number.  It's difficult to assess the effect of electronic database use as opposed to print (we still subscribe to the print editions of Reader's Guide and the New York and Los Angeles Times indexes).

Your friendly CyberGoddess and Councilor-at-large,
Sue Kamm
Inglewood/Los Angeles, CA
Truest of the Blue, Los Angeles Dodgers Think Blue Week 2000
Visit my home page:
http://suekamm.home.mindspring.com/index.htm
email:  suekamm [at] mindspring.com
"What I wonder is, where are all the guys who just like to play baseball?"
--Wes Parker, former Los Angeles Dodgers infielder