[Web4lib] Authority + Wikipedia

Marion Sumerianlibrarian marionsumerianlibrarian at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 12 21:08:02 EDT 2005

Has the listserv has been usurped by a gaggle of entrepreneurs out to promote their own book?

Frankly, I couldn't care less what kind of friggin' smartphone Morville prefers (I am thinking,
however, that he either owns stock in the company or is interested to see how his promotion of the
product affects the market--not to mention his image, which presently appears to me as a
self-aggrandizing information professional gone Hollywood-mad.

Commercialization of a medium for information exchange among professionals--namely, the Web4lib
listserv--coerces its members to read what is essentially no more than a pile of spam.

No, thank you, I will not buy you book!!