[Web4lib] Authority + Wikipedia

Jennifer Heise jenne.heise at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 17:46:40 EDT 2005

However, the opposite of the point mentioned below is what i'm really
interested in. I think it's our job to make authoritative information more
findable, instead of lamenting that information we consider less
authoritative is findable.

As it is, I see the library profession complaining about what is made
findable instead of working to make things more findable themselves.

How can we do that?
Well, with improved indexing. Improved searching and linking capabilities.
Metasearching. And yes, training.

Despite this link between findability and [perceived] authority, I think