[Web4lib] 301 Redirects question

Vishwam Annam vishwam.annam at wright.edu
Wed Oct 12 15:51:06 EDT 2005

Dear Web4 Lib members,

We use 301 redirects to redirect an old webpage to the new one. We had
static html pages for our databases, and recently  made all of them
database driven. Due to this, I ended up having around 1,000 or so..
changed URLs, which needed redirects. If I add all these 1,000 to the
httd.config file, then the file size gets huge and it can significatly
impacts the server load.

I was wondering, has any one across the similar problem, if so how you
hndled this? I am sure, we could create "page moved" pages for these
links, but that can be tediuous work.

Thanks for any assitance,

Vishwam

Vishwam Annam