[Web4lib] Authority + Wikipedia

Patricia F Anderson pfa at umich.edu
Wed Oct 12 14:31:07 EDT 2005

This echoes anecdotal evidence from those who found putting up free copies
online increased use and/or purchases of the print item. I am thinking,
for example, of the UM Making of America project, in which circulation of
the included items rose by several 100 percent after the items were made
available over the Internet. I don't know if any articles were published
about this trend, but if there were I'd love to see them.

Patricia Anderson, pfa at umich.edu