[Web4lib] RSS Tutorial Redux

John Iliff john at mylibrarian.com
Fri Oct 7 16:57:34 EDT 2005

Thanks to many for responses to our tutorial on RSS Feeds.
We dropped the quiz, added more prominent buttons, and
fiddled with the speed of the Flash movie. We also added mention
of the RSS-oriented browsers Opera and Safari along with
Firefox. In time we will more thoroughly discuss other
aggregators as well as other methods of staying on
top of information on the 'Net. Some asked what we used
to develop the tutorial, and we used Captivate and FlashMX.
One colleague tested all the buttons and found where we goofed
on a few back buttons. The thoroughness award belongs there!
We also resized the movie slightly for 800x600 monitors.
 Wonderful input from several dozen.

One of the best things about being a librarian is working
with such astute and generous colleagues. To all who
responded, your time was appreciated.

So, for now we have this thanks to so much great input.
More to come later on the PALINET website:

http://www.palinet.org/rss/toti/tsstutorial.htm

(Apologies for any duplication).
John Iliff
PALINET
Library Technology Development Consultant
iliff at palinet.org
800.233.3401 x 1222
215.382.7031 x 1222
Fax: 215.382.0022