[Web4lib] {pr02} OSS modules for SIP Authentication

McMorris,Don dmcmorris at sals.edu
Fri Oct 7 15:24:10 EDT 2005

Please excuse cross posting.

When replying, please be sure to include "{pr02}" in the subject line.  This puts all these messages in a nice little folder on my mail server.

I was just asked recently about researching a computer management system that would authenticate to our ILS via SIP.  I am in the middle of constructing a "should have this..." document as a base for contacting commercial vendors, but as a personal project, I want to use OSS to develop a solution.

I was planning on developing an ISM build for our local library using a local database.  Now that this question has arisen, I am investigating SIP authentication using the ISM.  I have contacted the ISM developers (GRPL), but they have not done it and did not have a suggestion off the top of their heads.  They said a CPAN module was not found after a brief search.

So, does anybody know of SIP-querying scripts or middleware-software (*nix) that I might be able to pretty easily integrate into ISM?

Any and all suggestions on how to communicate with SIP from Unix/Linux welcome, as it is a new subject that I plan to master.

Thanks.

--Don

------------------------
"Proudly serving the 964 residents of the Village of Salem, NY"

Donald J McMorris Jr.
Assistant Librarian
Bancroft Public Library
181 South Main St