[Web4lib] two keyboards and two mouse on on PC

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Thu Oct 6 17:09:29 EDT 2005

Personally I don't think the OS will allow two keyboards and two mice to
operate "simultaneously".  Even with VNC two mouse users fight for control of
the cursor if two mice are used at the same time.  By the way, Ultra VNC has
encryption built in now for the secure concious.  You don't have to tunnel.

Thomas

On Friday 30 September 2005 17:54, Robertson, James wrote:
> Web4Lib-ers,
>
>  Anyone know if there is a hardware or software solution that
> allows two keyboards and mouses to work on the same PC at the same time?
>
>  The fantasy in mind is a group of 5 students working on a
> project gathered around one PC:  two students working on a Word doc in
> one corner of the screen (one dictating, one typing), two students
> coding up some C++ in another corner of the screen (one consulting a
> manual, one typing), and one student getting the lattes.  :-)
>
>     --Jim
>
> Jim Robertson
> Assistant University Librarian
> NJIT (New Jersey Institute of Technology)
> 323 King Blvd., Newark, NJ  07102-1982
> 973-596-5798 -- james.c.robertson at njit.edu -- www.library.njit.edu

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett  Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant III   P O Box
University Library   Boone, North Carolina 28608

Please use the Systems Help Desk at http://linux.library.appstate.edu/help
All in Systems receive an email with each submission.