[Web4lib] bulk / mass email product recommendations requested

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Thu Oct 6 16:57:22 EDT 2005

If you are interested in a desktop email list sender, Our financial agent here
is using a product she downloaded off the WEB to send out our gun club
newsletters.  It works like a mail merge in that you can have the greeting
personalized for each recipient.  She won't be back from the Georgia State
IDPA Match until Monday so I'll send the name of the program then.  In the
mean time I found emailsender.  From their site:

Powerful direct sending ability. Sends without SMTP server, bypasses your
ISP's mail server, automatically looks up recipient's e-mail exchange server
and sends e-mail directly to recipients.
 Choose from the five designer templates to add beauty to your e-mail.
 Very fast e-mail sender application based upon multi-threaded delivery. The
normal sending speed can go up to 50,000 e-mails per hour.
 Very easy to send e-mail to lots of recipients.
 Supports attachment of any format.
 Supports multi-attachments. Both text and html formats are supported.
 Professional user interface, very easy to use, can be set up in few minutes.

http://www.emailsmartz.com/asp/sender.asp

49.95 which is the half off price until October 10.

Don't personally know anything about this program.

Thomas

On Thursday 06 October 2005 14:46, Sara Patalita wrote:
> Apologies for cross-posting (PUBLIB and Web4Lib)...
>
> I have been tasked with choosing a product to handle bulk email for one
> of our department's newsletters.  We tested one product but didn't have
> good luck with their support.  I will be doing some research, but I was
> hoping for some recommendations from libraryland to help me get started.
>  So, please send your testimonials my way.  I will summarize for the
> list(s) if there is interest.
>
> Thank you in advance for your help,
>
> Sara Patalita
> IT Services librarian
> Allen County Public Library
> Fort Wayne, IN
> spatalita at acpl.info
>
> *as per library policy: The views, opinions, & judgements expressed in
> this message are solely those of the author.
> The message contents have  not been reviewed or approved by the Allen
> County Public Library.

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett  Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant III   P O Box
University Library   Boone, North Carolina 28608

Please use the Systems Help Desk at http://linux.library.appstate.edu/help
All in Systems receive an email with each submission.