[Web4lib] Big OPACs?

Sloan, Bernie bernies at uillinois.edu
Thu Nov 17 12:16:17 EST 2005

The Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois (CARLI)
operates an integrated library system called I-Share (formerly known as
ILLINET Online).

I-Share recently reached a milestone. Towards the end of September,
I-Share's Universal Catalog recorded its nine millionth bibliographic
record. The catalog now holds records representing 9.05 million bibs and
31.8 million items.

I know this doesn't hold a candle to what's in WorldCat, but I am
curious about how this compares to other large OPACs?

Feel free to send me info on other large scale systems.

Thanks!

Bernie Sloan
Senior Information Systems Consultant
Consortium of Academic & Research Libraries in Illinois
616 E. Green Street, Suite 213
Champaign, IL  61820-5752

Phone: (217) 333-4895
Fax:   (217) 265-0454