[Web4lib] Google Print

Jennifer Heise jenne.heise at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 12:27:23 EST 2005

Hm... We've got a pretty good handle on producing metadata for books in our
profession. Why should Google try to reproduce a service that does what we
as libraries and librarians do? Subject searching, for instance, has never
been a strong suit of ISI's citation indexes, or Lexis-Nexis. And sometimes
we find that frustrating. But still, if we want metadata-based searching,
shouldn't we be going to the experts on metadata rather than the experts on
link-based relevance searching?

-- Jenne Heise