[Web4lib] Creating a Google-based site search capability

Nick Dobbing nick.dobbing at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 11:16:46 EST 2005

I implemented Google's public service search at the University of Guelph
library, and it has worked well. You can customize the search results
template with HTML for your headers and footers, and you can use your own
style sheet, so it can be made to look very much like part of your site. The
results page is still Google-branded, but quite modestly.

To see it in action, try the "site search" on this page:

http://www.lib.uoguelph.ca/search/

Nick Dobbing
Vancouver, BC