[Web4lib] Video captioning software

Breakall, Scott BreakallS at chesterfield.gov
Thu May 26 10:42:20 EDT 2005

Vishwam,

A month ago when Star Wars: Revelations, a fan-created Star Wars film
(http://www.panicstruckpro.com/revelations/revelations_movie.html), was
released online, someone asked for a subtitled version in the discussion
on Slashdot and mentioned Subtitle Workshop
(http://www.urusoft.net/products.php?cat=sw&lang=1), a freeware subtitle
editing tool.  From the blurb on their website:

"It supports all the subtitle formats you need and has all the features
you would want from a subtitle editing program. Subtitle Workshop makes
subtitle creating/editing/converting tasks almost a pleasure, the
amicable and intuitive interface mixes easy to access menus & must have
features with advanced functions and a remarkable speed and stability,
drastically reducing subtitle editing time. It includes spell check
function and an advanced video preview feature which will ease the task
even more."

VideoHelp.com also has a nice list of similar tools, mostly freeware:
http://www.videohelp.com/tools?s=24#24 (found by browsing at
http://del.icio.us/tag/subtitle)

VideoHelp also has several guides on how to add subtitles to video.

~Scott~