Yes -- Still a Problem -- RE: [Web4lib] Set to Digest, but still getting lots!

Elizabeth mckenty library.lisle at gmail.com
Mon May 23 11:36:23 EDT 2005

I don't know if this will help, but carefully check for multiple
subscriptions, particularly if you are "gathering" from any old addresses.
One of my old addresses was magically turned back "on" during the move, so I
suddenly had two subscriptions. Once I found that, I unsubscribed from the
old address.

Let me also recommend setting up a separate Gmail acount for your list
traffic. On my Gmail list address (i.e., this address), I'm still using less
than 0% of my 2222 MB, and I have kept 275 threads since November. I can
check this account when I have time, and not worry about it crashing due to
size restrictions.

Gmail also threads incoming messages beautifully--something completely
impossible in digest. I can easily search on ANYTHING in my account. Need I
mention you are all in my contacts (well, if you've posted at all since
November, with no effort on my part?

I am not a shill for Google; just wanted to share something I've found
useful. Should any of you desire a Gmail invitation, kindly drop me a line.
Have a little patience, since I probably won't check again until this
evening (EST).

Lisle McKenty