[Web4lib] Favorite Free Web Tools

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Mon May 23 06:21:30 EDT 2005

Don't forget IrfanView a great free graphics manipulation tool and has
other fine features such as creating a thumbnail HTML page from a
directory of graphics where each thumbnail links to the original file.
It also does a good job of creating a slideshow on a CD/DVD.

Thomas

Graphics:

 Irfanview - http://www.irfanview.com/

HTML Edit:

 NoteTab Lite - http://www.notetab.com/

 EditPad Lite - http://www.editpadpro.com/editpadlite.html

 OpenOffice - http://www.openoffice.org/

Image Map:
 Mapedit -    http://www.boutell.com/mapedit/  (free to educational)

Link Checker:

 Xenu's Link Sleuth - http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html

Text to PDF:

 PDFProducer -
   http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/PDF/PDFproducer.shtml

View  over 300 file types -
  Columbus - http://ww.oasys-software.com/product/dm/columbus/
      (while this is not a web tool it may help you view files, that
have information to put on the WEB, which you don't have a program to
view them with such as AutoDesk's AutoCAD.