[Web4lib] Web4Lib Transition

Roy Tennant roy.tennant at ucop.edu
Sun May 22 01:31:44 EDT 2005

It may have not been the best idea to do a major mailing list
switchover right before being on the road for two days. But being
stupid, I did it anyway. So for those who have been inconvenienced by
this transition, I apologize.

I have been slowly putting things to right, with help from the
OCLC/Webjunction staff, but at this point if you still have a problem
please email me directly at roy.tennant at ucop.edu.

I admit that I could have done a better job to inform both myself and
others on the differences between ListProc (our former software home)
and Mailman (our current one) prior to the migration. But the day job
seems to intervene in the most annoying ways.

In any case, I appreciate the patience and good humor that Web4Lib
subscribers have exhibited in this transition, and I hope that no one
has been too inconvenienced or annoyed. If, by any chance, you find
yourself suddenly without Web4Lib mail when you want it, or suddenly
getting it when you don't want it, please let me know. Meanwhile, I'll
try to beef up the Web4Lib web pages with more information on exactly
how to interact with Mailman, as well as edit the Mailman-produced
pages to be more informative and work better with the non-Mailman web
pages.

Finally, I beg your forgiveness for the lack of archive searching,
which unfortunately may not be recovered for another two weeks due to
travel obligations. I promise to get it back in operation as soon as I
have the time.

Thanks again for your patience as we complete this transition to our
new home.
Roy