[Web4lib] International IM Statistics

Ryan Eby ryaneby at gmail.com
Thu May 19 21:31:20 EDT 2005

Think I sent this to the old list address by mistake the first time,
sorry if you get it twice.

I was wondering if anyone had come across any research on IM service
statistics. I'm looking to find out what market share certain services
have in certain countries, specifically in Asia and South America. I'm
currently throwing together some proposals for some projects I'm doing
and would be interested in seeing the different market shares that
AOL,ICQ,MSN,Jabber and others have. I've come across some fairly old
data (2000) for asia online but would like some updated information if
it's out there. Thanks.

Ryan Eby
Distance Learning Services
Michigan State University