[Web4lib] Capturing web sites

Catherine Buck Morgan catherine at leo.scsl.state.sc.us
Thu May 19 12:11:56 EDT 2005

(Please excuse the cross-posting.)

We are a state documents depository, collecting annual reports,
directories, and other kinds of documents produced by the various
agencies in SC. As you're aware, many of these documents are now
published electronically.

Some documents are published only as an html website (including
directories and annual reports). Our problem is how to capture that and
store it so it can be accessed down the road. (At this point, I'm not
concerned with accessing it in the year 2038, just capturing it now.)

How are other libraries handling this? Are there software recommendations?

Thanks,
Catherine.
--

Catherine Buck Morgan
Director, Information Technology Services
EMAIL: catherine at leo.scsl.state.sc.us
Phone: 803.734.8651 Fax: 803.734.4757
Home page: http://www.statelibrary.sc.gov
Web catalog: http://www.statelibrary.sc.gov/scslweb/welcome.html
E-Rate info: http://www.statelibrary.sc.gov/erate.html

Systems librarianship is the art and science of combining the principles
of librarianship with the abilities of computing technology. --Eric
Lease Morgan